what is crossfit?
What is CrossFit?? Constantly varied, functional movements, performed at high intensity, in a group setting. Basically friends working together to accomplish the goal of finishing a designed work out.
CrossFit is not a specialized fitness program but a deliberate attempt to optimize physical competence in each of ten recognized fitness domains. They are Cardiovascular and Respiratory endurance, Stamina, Strength, Flexibility, Power, Speed, Coordination, Agility, Balance, and Accuracy.
Our program delivers a fitness that is, by design, broad, general, and inclusive. Our specialty is not specializing. The CrossFit program is designed for universal scalability making it the perfect application for any committed individual regardless of experience. We’ve used our same routines for elderly individuals with heart disease and cage fighters one month out from televised bouts. We scale load and intensity; we don’t change programs.
Everything is done to gain real fitness. CrossFit is getting #strongertogether
Sign up here.
WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR?
Participants new to CrossFit are required to complete the On-Ramp course before graduating to the more advanced classes.
The emphasis of the Beginner On-Ramp Program is on skill development and basic movements. On-Ramp is designed to prepare you to enter our ongoing group classes. We are going to be focusing on technique, both to ensure your safety, and enable your success at the next level!
• We will introduce you to technique and mechanics first, then intensity.
• We will be showing you movements that begin with the relatively non-technical, and progress to more technical movements.
• It’s important that you are here for each of the sessions as these movements build on one another.
• There will be a workout at the end of each day which will get progressively more challenging as the course progresses.
• The difficulty of these workouts is ultimately in your hands…the degree that you push yourself will determine the difficulty of the workouts, as well as the rewards. The class is called “On-Ramp” for a specific reason…we want to ramp you up to the level of intensity and output that is inherent in our group classes.
• Shifts in body composition are one of the most motivating ways to measure success. We highly encourage you to take “Before” pictures at the beginning of the On-Ramp class.
On Ramp includes FREE access to CFK FIT Class!